83-year-old spreads awareness at polling booth during BMC Elections

Home / Forums / Elder Rights / 83-year-old spreads awareness at polling booth during BMC Elections
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of Nidhi Mishra
    Nidhi Mishra
    February 22, 2017 at 4:11 pm #25894

Awareness is a key to practicing our rights. If we are not aware of our rights, we will never be able to practice it. Thank you Daily News and Analysis for sharing the news about 83+ Krishnakumar Pradhan who during yesterday’s voting for Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) election at Vile Parle, informed all fellow senior citizens who were standing in the queue that there is a special provision for senior citizens under which they do not have to stand in the queue at the polling booths and can directly cast their vote. Mr. Pradhan learned about this in the last Vidhan Sabha elections and thought of informing others who were not aware of it.

For some people this information may not be important but for me as a Gerontologist this is my responsibility to praise the efforts of Mr. Pradhan and spread awareness on this issue so that more and more seniors can avail this facility as various elections are happening in different parts of India.I strongly feel that the government officials must create awareness on this issue so that polling booths can be made elder friendly.

Read More: http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-bmc-election-2017-no-queue-for-senior-citizens-83-year-old-alerts-at-polling-booth-2329965

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Nidhi Mishra Nidhi Mishra.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Nidhi Mishra Nidhi Mishra.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.