HOME FOR HOMELESS SENIORS

Home / Forums / News & Announcements / HOME FOR HOMELESS SENIORS
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of LAKSHMI NARAYANA NAGISETTY
    LAKSHMI NARAYANA NAGISETTY
    March 29, 2017 at 11:57 am #26000

I am at Warangal, district in Telangana as part of organizing training for Special Educators (dealing with persons with disabilities). Besides this training hall, there exists Home for Homeless. Majority of the inmates  are Seniors and women are more. This Home is managed by an NGO with the support of Government. These inmates have got freedom to move out during the day if they want. Shelter with food facilities are provided at free of cost. I have seen and interacted with the inmates as well as the caregivers. This is the better model of providing shelter with food support for the homeless and majority of them are Seniors. It certainly supports  for the better living of seniors with dignity and respect. The reasons behind the process of becoming HOMELESS are very inhuman and unethical. In spite of all such unethical background, Senior inmates are happy and healthy with better connectivity and human bondage.

If service providers (NGOs) are interested, then i will be happy to provide needed information and guidance. Such Homes are fully supported by GOI at any part of the Nation.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.