SENIOR CITIZEN COMMITTED FOR SOCIAL SERVICE

Home / Forums / News & Announcements / SENIOR CITIZEN COMMITTED FOR SOCIAL SERVICE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of LAKSHMI NARAYANA NAGISETTY
    LAKSHMI NARAYANA NAGISETTY
    February 12, 2017 at 1:55 pm #25835

Recently (a visit to the NGO working for training and rehabilitation of Persons with Mental Retardation which i support as a Mentor), i had an opportunity to see and interact with a couple who are Senior Citizen (around 70 & 60 years). At this age, they support the NGO as Founders (informal) which works for the empowerment of the above group who are marginalized (both socially and economically) and isolated from the main community development.

The details goes like: Their son (youth as a carrier) started the NGO in the rural area with commitment. Due to some reasons, he is away from that place but effectively manages the same with a team. In his absence being parents, this senior couple monitors the services / supports of the targeted groups on full time basis with out any other activity. This service has become a life for them and stays with in the NGO Campus for dynamic connectivity and to eb the example for others to follow. They represent and presents about the NGO vision, mission, genesis, objectives, services, supports, impact, outcomes, challenge, opportunities and matching future vision when required. They know about the NGO from Day 1 onward.

Every month i will be visiting this NGO and feel happy to spend sometime and interact with them. This helps for better sharing and get required answers for the children as well as to their parents / siblings / grandparents. It is also a source of learning & inspiration for me and further to motivate the team and inspire the working environment.

The couple is enjoying their life with better satisfaction that they have got an opportunity to serve others.

This is the best example of senior citizens engaging for social services with concern and commitment and thus to have healthy living with improved quality of life (QOL).

I feel and experience that any one in general and particularity senior citizens can enjoy healthy living when they accept the realities, and commit to help / serve others as much as possible in the given dynamics of family / environment.

So the combination of Senior Citizens and a Mentor (any age) will help to explore the strengths of Senior Citizens and orient them towards healthy living with values & satisfaction and further to serve / support / facilitate others.

Profile photo of LAKSHMI NARAYANA NAGISETTY
    LAKSHMI NARAYANA NAGISETTY
    February 13, 2017 at 9:37 pm #25837

I will be adding more such experiences of Senior Citizens who are associated with the social services and thus leading healthy living with in the family /community. Looking forward.

Profile photo of Senior Express
    Senior Express
    February 13, 2017 at 9:47 pm #25850

Thank you Mr. Nagisetty, for sharing information about such active senior citizens. You are right, being active is essential to healthy living.

Thanks
    Senior Express Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.