SENIOR PARENTS AT INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR

Home / Forums / News & Announcements / SENIOR PARENTS AT INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of LAKSHMI NARAYANA NAGISETTY
    LAKSHMI NARAYANA NAGISETTY
    March 15, 2017 at 10:59 am #25947

I had an opportunity to be the Resource Person at International Seminar on “Enabling & Empowering Persons with Disabilities: Role of Stakeholders held during 1-4th March 2017. I made a presentation on “Empowerment of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities: Role of Stakeholders”. Later Chaired the Session for presentations. During these presentations, met several senior parents having children with disabilities. I’m happy for the interactions made in respect of early identification, early interventions, education, skill development, employment, empowerment, Inclusion, schemes,benefits, acts, policies, role of stakeholders and others based on individual needs and vulnerabilities. Also clarified for parents concern that “what will happen to the child after us?” It helped to connect with seniors along with their family and community members. Government with NGOs and other Stakeholders is working for this group and more need to be done as a process with concern, & commitment. The process will be continued to support the seniors as well as their children with special needs.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.