Meeting with Active Seniors

Home / Forums / Share your experiences / Meeting with Active Seniors
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of LAKSHMI NARAYANA NAGISETTY
    LAKSHMI NARAYANA NAGISETTY
    April 1, 2017 at 2:47 pm #26027

Yesterday we had a meet of Seniors
    (65+) at my house. Certainly it is an opportunity to have such a group who are committed for the care & rehabilitation of SENIORS. All the members have done commendable work in supporting their children who are well settled both within or outside the Country. All are leading happy & healthy living within the community. Still they have got concern and energy to think and support others who are in need and search of care & rehabilitation.

We met with specific agenda of 1) Challenges and needs of Seniors, & 2) Develop Service Platform (NGO) with Integrated Care cum Rehabilitation Centre / Home.

At this moment, i shared the details of Service Models for Seniors published recently (shared on this forum) and discussed its advantages. Everyone felt happy and appreciated the models and efforts. After this 4 members have expressed the desire of developing Home under the existing registered NGO. Among them one couple who are planning to visit their son staying in UK.After discussion, prepared the action plan to update the documents of NGO so that the process of acquiring land and mobilizing matching resources can be initiated.

The meet came to an end with specific works to be done by the members as we as their family members who need to support either by externally or internally.

The whole process is expected to work for the happy & healthy living of members as well as others who need such services. I will be mentoring this NGO with need based systems, documents, quality, protection, and security. This NGO is also planning to support poor & vulnerable groups with matching services and supports. This tunes to the concept of Serve others for happy living i.e., giving back to the people and community. This group is more positive and looking forward to put the plan into realities.

This Integrated Home will work as a model for others to replicate.

Profile photo of Nidhi Mishra
    Nidhi Mishra
    April 1, 2017 at 2:53 pm #26032

Thanks for sharing information about such an active and positive seniors. I wish them all the best for such a great work. Keep up the good work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.