What Is It You Want Your Body to Accomplish?

Home / Forums / Share your experiences / What Is It You Want Your Body to Accomplish?
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ramesh Sood
    December 9, 2016 at 3:59 pm #25620

Last month I was invited to attend 90th (Ninetieth) birthday of my Uncle in New Delhi and I took my opportunity of meeting him almost after 02 decades.

As the celebrations progressed, I was looking at him and thinking one thing: What had kept him going? Because I was told that he had never missed going for a morning walk to Lodhi Garden for last 55 years and second, he was still regularly attending his shop in Nehru Place. As a thinker , philosopher and trainer I wanted to really reach the crux. I had seen people collapsing even in their fifties.

Sitting there I had some very profound thoughts which I share here. I was very sure that many years ago when my uncle must be young he must have had a conversation with himself which must have followed as under:

Q: What you want you body to accomplish?
    A: I want my body to sustain me for 100 years. I want to have a 100 year long sojourn on this beautiful planet. I mean I don’t want to do anything that would hasten the end.
    Q: Then what you will have to do?
    A: I will have to treat my body well.
    Q: How will you do that?
    A: By exercising regularly and eating only such food in such quantities which will help in body’s nourishment. I shall eat for health and not taste. I shall eat to live and not live to eat.
    Q: Anything else?

And now here I stopped in my imagination. Because there had to be something else my uncle must have done. That’s when I realized this he must have thought something like what I had recently penned: “What eases the mind is also beneficial for the body”.

Yes he must have answered:

A: I will always look at my thoughts as things and remove those which I did not need or which were harmful for me. Because I know my thoughts too affect my body. I will always look at the brighter side of things.
    Q: So you are committed to do this.
    A: Yes, I am.

And then my uncle must have gone ahead and lived what he had promised to himself. Now I don’t know if he could do all that what I have written here. Yet, he was there in front of me at 90 looking robust, alert, cheerful and active and a proof of a disciplined and well regulated living.

I think if not all these, we can definitely have control on two things: Thinking and Eating and lead our lives healthier and better. If we can, then we must engage in some physical activity too.

Well, I made a promise to myself. And I have started all that what needs to be done to maintain a healthy body. What harm has been done is past and good thing about past is that it doesn’t last.

Let us start now by asking ourselves a question: What I will like my body to accomplish in next five years. And then start practicing all that needs to be practiced including PRACTICING HAPPINESS..

With best wishes!!!

Yours Truly

RS a.k.a Ramesh Sood

Profile photo of Nidhi Mishra
    Nidhi Mishra
    December 15, 2016 at 7:00 pm #25630

Thank you Mr. Sood for sharing such positive experiences with us. Your uncle is definitely a perfect example of healthy, productive and active ageing. All my best wishes to him. You have very beautifully conveyed all his tips for healthy living in a conversation mode. I agree that for a healthy living we must lead a fit life both physically and mentally and must always practice happiness.

Keep sharing such experiences and inspire us with your positive thoughts.

Ramesh Sood
    December 18, 2016 at 11:26 pm #25637

Thanks a lot Dr.Nidhi!! I am honoured to be a part of this project of yours.. Regards, RS

Indu Chitnis
    January 5, 2017 at 12:37 pm #25677

Very interesting article. Reminded me of my aunt who is 91 year old now and is very active and young at heart.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.